Planning a Spring Clean/Refresh Session in your Elite Home? Here are some quick & easy tips to get you started!
- Organize your closets: put away winter clothes, coats, and footwear, either in closets or designated bureaus/drawers. Bring out your spring wardrobe and identify which items need cleaning, alterations, or repairs.
- Assess your family room: if there’s unnecessary clutter, purge it! Get rid of old toys, games, and old DVDs you might be saving for “later”. Take stock of furniture and see what might need a good cleaning or reupholstering.
- Refresh paint: choose one room that feels particularly bland or uninspiring and give it a couple of new coats of paint. Whether you go with a warm, vibrant color or a soothing, subdued hue, a freshly-painted room always offers a new perspective.
- Tend to high-traffic areas: whether you have hardwood, tile, or carpet, highly trod upon areas in your home are going to show wear and tear faster than others. Consider waxing your wood floors, giving your tile a good buff, or steam-cleaning your carpets to bring them back to life!
- Clean out the fridge & freezer: it’s time to tackle that beast, at last! Toss any old, moldy food (including jars way in the back!), and give it a good scrub-down. Check dates on any frozen food you’ve stored and see what can be thrown out. With a clean slate, you can restock for spring and summer and start planning warm weather meals!
- Refresh pet items: wash any toys, blankets, and beds that your dogs and cats use regularly. Toss any old, scruffy items and replace with fresh and exciting new ones!
Get your Elite home back in tip-top shape, just in time for warm weather, longer days, and plenty of entertaining!